Portland, Oregon Climate & Temperature
- Portland, Oregon, Usa is at 45°36'N, 122°35'W, 12 m (39 ft). See map.
- Portland, Oregon has a warm mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate that is mild with dry, warm summers and moderate seasonality. Regions with this subtype of the Mediterranean climate closely resemble an oceanic climate with generally cloudier and damper conditions than typical Mediterranean climates tho they are still susceptible to fire in the warm dry summer months. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csb)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Portland, Oregon is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 12 degrees Celsius (53.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.1 °C (29°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 8.5°C (47.4°F) on average falling to 1.6°C (34.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.2°C (61.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 5.7°C (42.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 25.6°C (78°F) and average low temperatures are 13°C (55.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 17.6°C (63.7°F) during the day and lows of 7.5°C (45.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 921.9 mm (36.3 inches) which is equivalent to 921.9 Litres/m² (22.61 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1953 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Portland, Oregon you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Portland, Oregon, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Centralia, Wa, Usa - 158.7 kms (98.6 miles) N
- Aberdeen, Wa, Usa - 179.2 kms (111.4 miles) NNW
- Olympia, Wa, Usa - 153.7 kms (95.5 miles) N
- Astoria/ Clatsop, Or, Usa - 116.7 kms (72.5 miles) WNW
- Vancouver, Wa, Usa - 6.4 kms (4 miles) NW
- Salem, Or, Usa - 83.2 kms (51.7 miles) SSW
- Corvallis, Or, Usa - 126.3 kms (78.5 miles) SSW
- Eugene, Or, Usa - 172 kms (106.9 miles) SSW
- Seattle, Washington, Usa - 224 kms (139.2 miles) N
- Seattle/ Tacoma, Wa, Usa - 207 kms (128.6 miles) N
- Yakima, Wa, Usa - 192.2 kms (119.5 miles) NE
- Sunnyside, Wa, Usa - 206.4 kms (128.3 miles) ENE
- Moro, Or, Usa - 141.8 kms (88.1 miles) ESE